Our COVID-19 Services
J & J Cleaning and Clerical Services professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
COVID-19 CLEANING SERVICES
In these unprecedented times and as part of the effort to help businesses impacted by COVID-19, J&J is responding to the current global pandemic by offering a groundbreaking cleaning and sanitizing solution for businesses and facilities.
J&J 3-Step Clean System professional grade botanical disinfectant combined with a unique antimicrobial surface protectant that can provide residual surface protection for up to 90 days. With the J&J 3-Step Clean System, after surfaces are disinfected, we apply the patented BIOPROTECT™ RTU Antimicrobial Surface Protectant for longer lasting protection between regular cleanings.
J&J is the exclusive provider and ONLY BIOPROTECT™ CERTIFIED COMPANY in the Restoration industry. No other restoration company in the U.S. and Canada can offer this advanced cleaning technology.
How Does The J&J 3-Step Clean System Work?
J&J uses a 3-step cleaning process to help protect your property and provide a safer environment for employees and patrons.
STEP # 1 - DISINFECT
J&J uses a highly-acclaimed botanical disinfectant solution that kills 99.9% of viruses (including the human Coronavirus), bacteria, fungi and mold . This solution disinfects, cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes in just ONE step. Eco-friendly, EPA registered disinfectant. Contains no harsh chemicals and eliminates most Allergens upon contact. Non-flammable, non-corrosive and non-abrasive. Safe for everyday use. Ready-to-use, patented and NSF Certified formula that requires no rinsing - even on food contact surfaces.
STEP # 2 - PROTECT
After surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, J&J can then apply the BIOPROTECT™ RTU Antimicrobial Surface Protectant. This is an optional treatment designed to protect surfaces between regular cleanings. EPA-registered, water-based formula that forms an antimicrobial shield which provides persistent, continuous, antimicrobial surface protection against a broad range of odor and stain-causing microbes (bacteria, mold, mildew and algae) -- with efficacy that remains effective for up to 90 days. Non-flammable, colorless, odorless, non-leaching and non-migrating. Can be applied to both porous and non-porous surfaces, including HVAC systems. Safe for use on food contact surfaces, utensils, appliances and equipment.
STEP # 3 - CERTIFY
J&J will certify that the property has been treated with the disinfectant and antimicrobial surface protectant. This certification will let others know that the property has been cleaned with the most advanced technology on the market.
How does BIOPROTECT™ RTU Antimicrobial Surface Protectant Work?
BIOPROTECT™ RTU’s patented antimicrobial technology uses self assembling monolayers to create a layer of spikes that mechanically kill microbes (bacteria, mold, mildew and algae) by piercing and rupturing their cell membrane. This kill method prevents microbes from mutating and adapting, inhibiting their ability to grow. Unlike conventional cleaning products, BIOPROTECT™ RTU forms a covalent bond to the applied surface and continues to work while in the dry state.
Why Choose Our Coronavirus Cleaning Services?
J&J is an industry leader when it comes to disaster mitigation and recovery. We have years of experience offering decontamination and disinfection services for buildings contaminated by Fire, Water, Storms, Mold and more. Our processes include the disinfection and removal of biohazardous contaminants. Treatment of all direct and most indirect reachable surfaces of buildings Disinfection of affected equipment, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems Fogging to eliminate airborne viruses and bacteria These services help: Reduce the risk of infection or illness Reduce the risk of cross-contamination Reduce operations downtime We are currently providing disinfection services for healthcare facilities, schools, manufacturing plants, office spaces, senior living and assisted living facilities, retail stores and more. All of our cleaning protocols meet the Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC) guidelines. We were also chosen to disinfect one of the first commercial airplanes to enter the country after the initial COVID-19 outbreak. We completed the deep cleaning protocol on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan after a COVID-19 outbreak onboard. J&J performed a Level 3 cleaning protocol on the ship which included all public and crew access areas, staterooms, crew cabins, dining and entertainment areas. The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) declared the ship as being fit to sail with no traces of COVID-19 on board. Find out how J&J helped the Diamond Princess with disinfection against COVID-19.
How To Request Sanitizing Services
There are multiple ways to request J&J's 3-Step Clean services, including: Call our 24-hour hotline at 800-856-3333. Call your local J&J office. Complete the Cleaning Request form located at the bottom part of the page. A representative will contact you.
PROFESSIONAL COVID-19 CLEANING SERVICES FOR ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES
If you’re an essential business still operating at this time, keeping your workplace safe and free from infection is likely a primary concern. This is true both to prevent illness in the facility and to preserve peace of mind for all occupants, so they know all steps are being taken to keep them safe.
The CDC’s guidelines call for every essential business to “clean and disinfect all areas…routinely.” Additionally, at this point it is clear that individuals can be asymptomatic and still transmit COVID-19 (more data here), resulting in necessary actions being taken across every organization that has its doors open.
As a result, many organizations are taking steps to keep their facilities sanitized, such as wiping down areas with disinfecting wipes and cleaning more regularly than normal. We believe that these steps are important but not sufficient to maintain a safe work environment in the midst of an epidemic.
We strongly recommend professionally disinfecting your facility as a way to keep your employees and occupants safe and to keep essential personnel working in this time of crisis. Here are three of the reasons why:
- Professional sanitizing can reach all corners of the facility. By applying disinfectant using a combination of techniques—including fogging, surface wiping, and spraying—areas of the building are addressed that would otherwise be missed by ordinary cleaning. A brief overview of these methods (more details here):
- Fogging—Technique that uses a fine spray to deliver disinfectant so that it reaches all interior spaces. Can be done in interior spaces as well as in air duct systems.
- Surface wiping—Wiping down all surfaces with industrial-grade disinfectant. The solution is applied wet, allowed to dwell, then wiped for maximum effectiveness.
- Spraying—Applying a “wet” spray to completely coat a surface in sanitizing solution. After the solution is applied, it is allowed to dry to ensure effectiveness. You’ve probably seen footage of this on the news, as cities have been wet-spraying public spaces.
Via these techniques, every nook and cranny of the facility—from high-touch surfaces to the interior of the air duct system—can be sanitized.
- Professional cleaning utilizes a different quality of sanitizing product. Off-the-shelf products can be effective at addressing coronavirus, but they will not have the efficacy of a higher-strength disinfectant.
A couple of notes about disinfecting products:
- The EPA maintains a list of products for use against COVID-19—found here—that includes both professional-strength and off-the-shelf products. We are using only the products found on this list and would recommend all others do the same.
- You hear products being promoted as “hospital grade” or “industrial grade.” These are purely marketing terms and don’t represent anything about the quality of the product. That said, there is a distinction between professional-strength cleaning products such as the ones that J&J uses and off-the-shelf products you would buy at the store.
By using a company like J&J that employs professional-strength cleaning products included on the EPA list to fight coronavirus, you are receiving the highest-quality sanitation and maximizing your likelihood of eliminating any virus.
- By not using your employees or staff to clean and disinfect the premises, you are keeping them safe and out of harm’s way. Professional crews such as ours are trained to wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and clean in such a way as to minimize risk to themselves. If you are using your own staff to wipe down and clean areas, they may not know how to properly protect themselves.
In addition, companies such as J&J can schedule after-hours work to avoid contact with your occupants and eliminate any person-to-person interaction. This is much safer than having staff clean during regular business hours. (If it is not possible to schedule after-hours work—as in the case of facilities that are open 24 hours a day—companies like ours can work with you to identify a solution.)
For each of the reasons above, we believe that every essential business should be regularly conducting professional cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting. When the time comes to have sanitizing work done, we have several recommendations, found here. And of course, whenever you decide to clean, sanitize, and disinfect, J&J is here for you and happy to help.